Noodles are one of the familiar dishes among Vietnamese people. We have a variety of dishes that are enjoyed with noodles. Noodles can be cooked or eaten ‘raw,’ depending on the type of dish being prepared. However, one common factor is that most noodle dishes cannot be without fish sauce – a seasoning that contributes to the reputation of many dishes. In this article, we will guide you on how to prepare a suitable fish sauce dip for different noodle dishes to make them flavorful and appealing.
How to Make Tasty Fish Sauce Dip for grilled pork with rice vermicelli
Grilled meat noodles typically involve marinated meat. Therefore, it is essential to balance the flavors for both the noodles and accompanying vegetables. To achieve a delicious and well-balanced dish, you need to create a flavorful fish sauce dip.
- Hoang Gia Fish Sauce
- Brown or white sugar.
- Green papaya.
- Garlic, chili.
- Fresh lime.
- Rice vinegar.
- Boiling water.
- Seasonings: bouillon powder, MSG.
- Prepare the green papaya by cutting off both ends to release the sap. Then, wash, peel, and remove the inner core. Cut the papaya into small pieces (4 to 6, depending on its size). Prepare a bowl of diluted saltwater. Immerse the papaya in the water as you cut and peel it. This method prevents the papaya from turning dark and keeps it crispy. After about 20 minutes, drain and shred it into thin threads.
- Peel and wash the carrots, then shred them.
- Wash the chili and remove the stem and seeds. Peel the garlic and crush it. Blend the chili and garlic into a paste.
- Extract the lime juice.
Preparing the Fish Sauce Dip
Step 1: Making Pickled Vegetables to Accompany the Fish Sauce
- Place the shredded papaya and carrots in a large bowl. Add a bit of vinegar and knead the mixture for a few minutes. Then rinse it with clean water and let it drain for about 15 minutes.
- Prepare a mixture by combining sugar, lime juice (or vinegar), a bit of salt, chili paste, and a small amount of MSG. Mix the ingredients well.
- Add the drained papaya and carrots to the bowl and pour the mixed vinegar solution over them. Mix them together and let them soak for about 10 minutes before using.
Step 2: Preparing the Fish Sauce Dip
- In a bowl, combine sugar (if using block sugar, crush it first), boiling water, delicious fish sauce, and lime juice. Mix well and adjust the taste to your preference.
- Add the chopped chili and crushed garlic and mix lightly.
- Pour the prepared fish sauce mixture into a pot, heat it on the stove until warm, then turn off the heat. Use the warm fish sauce immediately.
For grilled meat noodles with fresh vegetables, it’s best not to make the fish sauce too spicy. Otherwise, it will be difficult to enjoy with the raw vegetables. Warm the fish sauce before using because the noodles and vegetables need to ‘mature’ together. Cold sauce might compromise the flavor.
Creating Tasty Fish Sauce Dip for rice noodles with Kebab rice noodles
Step 1: Ingredient Preparation
Use a small knife to gently make a few incisions on the skin of the green papaya, then soak it in saltwater for about 30 minutes. Afterward, peel the papaya, remove the seeds, and continue soaking it in diluted saltwater for another half hour. Cut the papaya into slices that are suitable for eating.
Peel and slice the carrot thinly (you can create decorative shapes if desired).
Peel and finely chop the garlic.
Remove the stems from the chili and cut it into slices.
Squeeze the juice from the lime.
Step 2: Combine Ingredients In a bowl, place the sliced green papaya and carrot together. Add sugar, vinegar, a pinch of salt, and chopped chili. Mix the ingredients thoroughly. Let the mixture soak for about 15 minutes before using.
Step 3: Prepare the Fish Sauce Dip Mix sugar, fish sauce, boiling water (allowed to cool), lime juice, and a small spoon of vinegar in a bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Taste and adjust if necessary before adding the chopped garlic and sliced chili to the mixture. Transfer the prepared fish sauce mixture to a pot, heat it on the stove until warm, then remove it from the heat.
The advantage of this dish lies in the fact that the dipping sauce needs to be warm for the grilled pork patty and noodle to taste delicious and complete.
If you are unsure about choosing the right fish sauce brand, you can consult Hoang Gia for advice. With Hoang Gia fish sauce, you can find a suitable product not only for making dipping sauce or seasoning but also for enhancing the flavor of various dishes. Hoang Gia fish sauce is produced through strict quality control processes and is aged for 1.5 to achieve its perfect taste. Making fish sauce dip for noodles is not difficult. You can learn the methods above and adjust them to create a variety of flavors for your family’s enjoyment.